Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Sleepless Night...

Yesterday after my surgery I was feeling really good, I hardly had pain once we got home. I was able to put full weight on my left leg with minimal discomfort. Last night, didn't go so well, I couldn't get to sleep and I was in a lot of pain. At 3 am I had to call Jeff to come down and fill up my ice pump and then I had to call him down again at 7 am to help me to the bathroom, which I wasn't able to make it to on my own, now that the pain was so bad I could hardly put any weight on my leg.
Here is a picture of my ice wrap. It works great, however it needs to be filled with ice about every 4 to 5 hours, and our ice maker can't make ice fast enough, so Jeff has to run to the store to get bags of ice. Once I turn this machine on after ice has been loaded in it helps my knee SO MUCH!

Right now I have some pretty heavy duty ace bandages on around my knee cap, where the sutures are, so the cold doesn't really get through to my knee cap, which is where the pain is. Tomorrow I get to take the bandages off, and I can't wait. For right now it mostly cools above and below my knee cap, which still provides major comfort.

I've been able to get much needed sleep this afternoon. I have been taking 1 of my pain pills every two hours instead of waiting four hours. I didn't realize I was allowed to take two pills with in the four hour period. This extra dose of pain killers has really helped me get comfortable enough to sleep about 30 min to an hour at a time.

I'm still hanging in there. I'm getting pretty restless just sitting on the sofa watching TV, reading, and surfing the net.

It's only day 1 1/2 what am i going to do for the next 12 1/2 days!!!

I know I will have two cuddly companions. Sasha in the foreground and Sabian in the background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jeff looks great in your cooling device!!
: ) All joking aside, I'm glad you are getting some relief.

Love ya,
Tiff