Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The decision was made...

... we finally purchased our new "mountain vehicle". After many test drives and many discussions on what we really wanted out of our "mountain vehicle" we finally made our move and purchased a Subaru Tribeca and I couldn't be happier.

I love the color, Newport Blue Pearl.

I love the interior and all the amazing features.


I love the third row seat and ...

all the cargo room. We will definitely have room for our snowboarding gear.


Originally Jeff and I had narrowed our new car purchase down to either the Lexus RX350 (Jeff's choice) or the Mazda CX-7 (my choice). The same day we were introduced to the Tribeca we were very close to signing the papers on a pre-owned Mazda CX-7, but we decided to ponder our proposed deal, and I'm so glad we did. After leaving the Mazda dealership we went by the Lexus dealer to "just take a look". Of course there wasn't an RX-350 with AWD, which has been hard to come by. Vince, our sales guy pointed out the Subaru Tribeca and I didn't even want to walk over to check it out, but we did. As soon as, he opened the back hatch and I looked inside and saw all the room I was sold. I love the function of the hideaway third row seat. We ended up taking it for a test drive, which Jeff and I both agreed it drove better than the Mazda CX-7. We didn't make a deal with Vince because I had to go home and do more research on the Tribeca.

So we went home and I looked up all sorts of forums on the Tribeca. I like to read what current owners or past owners have to say about their experience with the car. There are always negatives to EVERY car, but you have to weight the negatives and see if they are something you could put up with. Honestly I didn't find too many negatives on the Tribeca. Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head.

The next day, Sunday, Jeff and I went to check out the local Subaru dealer to see if they had a color I liked. Now that we found the vehicle it was a matter of getting the right color. At first we skipped right over the Blue because it was a rental. After seeing their inventory and talking numbers, we went home once again to weigh our thoughts.

Monday, we went back and looked at one of the cars they cleaned up for us which was a Gold color, but once I thought about it over night I didn't really like the Gold color. I went strait back to the Blue one, which skipped over the day before because it was a rental. We test drove it, talked numbers, and in the end we got a sweet deal.

I'm so happy with our purchase!

No comments: