Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weekend update...

Last weekend was busy but full of excitment. Saturday I went shopping with my sister and later that night I watched my nephew Nicholas, who is 17 mo.

He was very good for his Auntie Glo! He is a very mellow kid so he is very easy going and easy to take care of. Nick is just learning to talk so he is at the cutest stage. He loves to play "patty cake" and sing "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands..." he gets so excited, its adorable. Her is the only picture I took of him. Isn't he precious? I just love to kiss those cheeks!!


Nicholas loved chasing the cats around the house, but I'm not sure they enjoyed it as much. It was so cute, Sasha would sit right outside the door where Nick was sleeping, I think she was protecting him.

Sunday my sister picked Nicholas up early and Jeff and I took off for Six Flad Magic Mountain. Last year we bought season passes for the same price as a day pass. What a deal! Since our passes were good for the rest of '07 and all of '08 we have gone a few times.

Jeff is a roller coaster finatic, (even if he won't admit it) he can tell you the speed, how many loops, twists bends it has, what year it was built, and most importatnly how to navigate through the park to get to it. If it weren't for him we probably would have spent 3+ hours just locating the coasters. It is a very confusing and hilly park.We took 4 guys from Jeff's copmany with us who are from India. I think they had a blast. None of them had ever been on an upside down roller coaster before so it was a real treat for them.
Here is a picture of Jeff and the guys before we went into the park.


From left to right: Arpit, Bhupendra (boo-pendra), Amit, Jeff and Rajesh (ra-shish).

We rode 10 roller coasters, with 39 inversion or loops total. I sat the last three out because I had a raging headache by the end of the day. So I can't say I rode on all 10.

Here is a pic of Jeff and me loaded on Tatsu, which has 4 inversions.

And here is a video of us taking off from the plat form. (sorry about the clairity these were taken from a camera phone) On this coaster you ride on your stomach and it feels like your flying through the air. We were riding in the front row for the full effect.


Here is another pic of us on Viper, which as 7 inversions.

Backrow left to right: me looking straight at the camera with the largest smile I could make, and next to me is Jeff with is tounge sticking out. The front row left to right: Bhupendra and Arpit. We were having FUN! I think Bhupendra was holding on for dear life.

I just want to say think you to the guys for sharing such a great day. It was long and tiring, but well worth it. Thanks to Bhupendra for supplying most of the pictures with your camera phone. This post wouldn't be the same without pictures!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Jeff I'm a MAJOR roller coaster fanatic too! I really want to go to Magic Mountain again...I've only been there once and I LOVED it! Next time I'm down your way, I'm battling Jeff to a roller coaster war! -Gina