Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Look what arrived today....

For Jeff's birthday, in April, I bought him a season pass to Mammoth, and that is what arrived in the mail today. Can you see the pure excitement in his expresion?



Check out the size of that map!! Happy birthday babe!! We can now enjoy snowboarding when ever we want and we don't have to worry about scrapping together the whopping $80 or so for the ONE DAY pass.

Lately I've been so busy I haven't had time to sit down and post. I'm going to try to fill you in on everything that has been going on.

First of all, I have one more day of physical therapy. Although it has been time consuming, I'm not sure I'm ready for it to end. I have been having strange onsets of pain, but both my surgeon and my physical therapist have assured me it's normal and my muscles are still adjusting. Boy, it's amazing how much my quad muscles have been effected after the surgery. I've been told it could take up to 18 months after surgery to be back to normal muscle strenth and activity.

Aside from physical therapy twice a week I have been taking a class on Thursday nights, which is a Leadership Class put on by our city. I was lucky to be accepted into the class, which is 9 weeks long. Each night I learn about the community we live in, and I can't wait to run home and tell Jeff all the fun facts I've memorized. One night we took a field trip up to the Orange County 911 dispatch center. That was a dream come true for me, because as a little girl I always wanted to be a 911 dispatcher. My favorite show was Rescue 911. That field trip was very informative on how our County reacts to disasters and other emergency situations. The dispatch center we visited also houses the counties emergency planning. Since there wasn't a disaster or city wide emergency we were able to visit the many rooms that are need for the great organization of disaster relief. It was such a rush to think of the chaos that must go on in these rooms, the important decisions that were made at those tables.

Over the last couple of weeks Jeff has been traveling for his company. One week he was sent up to Norther California for work, where he was able to meet and have dinner with 3 of my girlfriends I went to college with. I sure wish I could have joined them, but it sounds like they had a good time. Thanks Gina, Megan and Jordana for taking the time to meet up. I know Jeff appreciated it and enjoyed it. The following week Jeff was sent to Minnesota for some more training, and then back to Norther California. He was a busy guy, but I'm glad he is back home, because the girls and I sure miss him when he is gone.

My mom and I enrolled in a college class offered by Saddleback College, which is only a once a month class and it focuses on Los Angeles Architecture. The first Sat. of every month for 5 months we have been venturing up to LA to wonder the streets with our professor. We both enjoy the class and I think we have learned a lot, but we also have fun. I'll have a post dedicated to my favoite buildings and houses we visit, along with lots of pictures. Next month we are visiting the Holly Hock house of Frank Lloyd Wright so I'm excited about that.

September 27th was Founders Day and my best friend Tiffany, her two adorable sons (Christian and Luke), her sister Tammy, and my mom (Lora) all went to the Aliso Viejo Ranch for some great fun and activities. Christian rode his first horse, we had a water baloon fight, and we won TWO cakes at the cake walk. I'm not sure either of the cakes made it home or even had a bite taken out of them because if I remember correctly it was about 100 degrees that day and the cakes melted like crazy.

Here is a picture from Founders Day of Christian on his first horsey.

Here is another of him trying to break out of jail. What a cutie pie!

Unfortunately his little brother Luke slept through the whole event, so I don't have any pictures of him. That just means we'll have to do it again next year!


This last weekend Jeff and I drove up to Montery for Megan's birthday. She is one of my College friends from San Jose. Happy Birthday Megan!!Megan and Jason holding the Barbie Doll cake. She had a "kids" theme party. Like the ones we used to have when we were kids with goodie bags, lots of candy, and more candy. It was a great idea and a great party. Thanks Megan for having us and for all the hard work you went through to throw such a wonderful party.
Jordana and me at Megan's party.

It was so good to see my San Jose girls. I wish we could do it more often, but seeing that I'm so far away it makes it kinda hard, so I definately cherish the time spent together.

While Jeff and I traveld the 6+ hours to Montery my dad drove down to meet us. I think it was a 2 hour drive for him. We enjoyed the Montery Bay Aquarium, which was very cool.
My camera didn't take very good pictures inside the Aquarium but here is a one at the jelly fish tank. These creaturs are so intersting to watch manuver through the water.

Sorry to make this post so long. I hope I haven't put youto sleep by now. Since it's been a while there is so much to catch up on. I promise I will do my best to post as often as I can. I didn't realize I had so many people still ready my blog, until these past few weeks I've had several people mention that I haven't posted in a while. So I know your out there please send me a comment from time to time as a reassurance that your there. I always enjoy reading your comments too.

Take care everyone. Love and miss you all!!

Glo, Jeff, Sabian and Sasha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were so happy to see you and Jeff this past weekend Glo! We miss you! It was great spending time together! Love ya! -Gina

Anonymous said...

You two are set for Mammoth! I can't wait. I love your blog and I love you both. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love the new pics (especially the ones of those gorgeous children!) We had such a blast and thanks again for taking us! We love you Glo, God bless you, friend!!

Tiff