Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I haven't gone missing...

I've just taken a little break from blogging, has it really been 5 months?? Wow that's bad!

We've been traveling a lot this summer and it doesn't seem to end. We were invited to 5 weddings this summer, so far we've attended 3. The first wedding was in June and it was a Vietnamese wedding, which was VERY interesting. The bride had 4 outfit changes and we were served a 9 course meal over a period of 4 hours. It was a really neat experience.

The second was a very good college friend of mine from San Jose State, Gina. She got married on a beautiful golf course in Northern California. Her wedding was simply breathtaking and beautiful. We were 45 min late because we got lost in Gods Country, we missed most of the ceremony but the food and the reception was great!

The third was my youngest cousin, Claire, on my mom's side. This wedding was in Iowa and I wanted to combine it with visiting my other cousin Jaci, who lives in Alabama. I took a week off from work and flew to Alabama, spent a couple of days there, and then we drove to her parents house in Peoria Illinois. We drove through Tennessee and Kentucky, the scenery was beautiful. We spent the night in Illinois, where Jeff flew in and then drove to the wedding in Iowa the next day. Jeff then flew back home the next day and I stayed a few days longer in Iowa to visit with family. I love going back to Iowa it reminds me of my childhood and long summers. This trip I hit 6 states in 6 days. It was a very fast trip with great company and lots of fun.

We have another wedding this weekend up in Northern California so we'll be driving 6+ hours to spend the weekend with friends I haven't seen since 1998. I'm really looking forward to this weekend and getting back into touch with some of my high school friends.

The last wedding of the summer is in October, which is Jeff's cousin's wedding. This wedding is thankfully, kinda sorta, local. Its about a 2 to 3 hour drive so we'll just do it in one day.

Unfortunately our camera broke and I don't have any pictures to document these beautiful weddings. I'll see if I can snatch some pictures from some friends.

Jeff and I are eagerly awaiting winter so we can enjoy snowboarding again. This year we decided to do a rent lease program which will allow us to rent a condo with other members anytime we want from Nov. to April. This will give us 6 months of access to a condo in Mammoth, so you can bet most of our free time will spent on the slopes.

I'm tried of this hot muggy weather, bring on the clouds and snow in the mountains.

Take care,
Glo

1 comment:

Gina said...

We loved having you guys at our wedding!! Miss you and see you in November hopefully!