Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring is here!

Okay, I know its been almost another month since I last posted, but its been a crazy month. At the beginning of the month Jeff and I took a weekend trip to Mammoth to turn up some new snow. We were planning on getting 2 full days of boarding in, however our plans were cut short. On our fourth run Saturday morning I dislocated my patella (knee cap). This was excruciatingly painful. At the time I didn't know what I had done to my knee other than it hurt, very, very bad. Mammoth Ski Patrol came and took me down the mountain in one of those nifty toboggans. I don't remember much because I was mostly trying not to think about what I had just done to my knee, and the pain I was in. Once we got down the mountain Jeff took me to the Emergency Room at the local hospital, where they couldn't tell me much, but they gladly took my $200 co-pay.

Once back home I saw my surge0n who did my left knee back in July. He scheduled an MRI and a week and half later I found out the damage wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I had only dislocated my knee cap and no major tendons were torn. I've been back to physical therapy and I'm doing much butter. I still have some swelling and soreness, but I'm hopeful I wont need surgery.

On Monday something very exciting is happening, we are finally getting our custom entertainment center installed. It took us over a year to schedule, design and save for it, and now only two short days a way it will be installed. Jeff and I are so excited. I will post pictures as soon as I can. I also need to post a picture of the new "game room" which was our office. Back in November Jeff bought a flat screen TV to put downstairs so he could play his video games and no take up the main TV. We have now converted that room into the "game room". We have plans to do a built in desk down there but for now the TV is hung and Jeff is able to have his rock band drum kit set up down there and it doesn't take up any space in the living room, which makes me very happy. :)

No comments: