Saturday, January 3, 2009

We got snow!

Mammoth received 4" of snow yesterday and today we are heading home. Of course the bulk of the snow falls the day before we leave. I'm just glad we had a good amount of "good weather" days. There was only one day where most of the mountain was closed due to weather.

This is the view from the living room, at one point it was snowing so hard that we couldn't see across the street.

All in all I got 3 days of snowboarding in, I think Jeff got 4. My knee, which I was worried about, held out and didn't give me any problems. I was a little sore at the end of each day but nothing like the last couple of years. I guess boarding on a torn meniscus was a lot more painful than post surgery weakness. At the end of the day, over the last couple of seasons, my knee would be so wobbly and painful I wouldn't be able to make the last run without cringing at every carve. But this year I felt great going down the hill and I had a lot more control of my turns. Its good to know the pain from surgery was very much worth it.

With that said I'll leave you with a picture of how you go to the spa in the snow. That's Brad a long time family friend. We grew up together so I consider him a brother.

Goodbye Mammoth, we will return soon! (Jan 31, to be exact)

No comments: