Sunday, August 3, 2008

I know good deals when I see them.

I've been addicted to Craig's List ever since my last post. We were in desperate need of outdoor furniture, and I knew I would find something on Craig's List. And I did!

This is our new patio furniture at our entry.



And this is our 2nd story balcony off our living room. The table came with an umbrella and stand, but our balcony is usually in the shade so I don't think we will need it.

Sabian and Sasha sure love lounging on the new furniture. I think they spent all day Saturday and Sunday out there.


I got all this furniture for $500, what a deal! I even paid the sellers husband $50 to deliver it because there was no way I could get it all in my car. I would have had to make several trips. and even at that I'm not sure some of the pieces would have fit. So her husband loaded it and unloaded it for me.

Some other Craig's List finds were the potted plants you can see in some of the pictures. I got 5 potted plants and a ficus tree for $40. I also picked up an nice hand made 35" square coffee table, which I was going to use out on the patio but this set came with one I may re-stain it and use it in the house. That find was only $20.

I'm on a roll!!

While I've been shopping on Craig's List Jeff has been doing some touch up painting. We noticed the places he had touched up weren't drying the same as the rest of the wall. Unfortunately, he was touching up semi-gloss paint on flat paint. OOpps!

Here he is at the bottom of the stairs trying to fix it. You can see the semi-gloss blotches at the top of the stairs. All three floors of our house have these infamous blotches all over the walls.

I told him it was a good excuse to re paint all our white walls with COLOR. So we may be getting out our painting gear next weekend and doing some major painting.

We'll see.

No comments: